Total Pageviews

Friday, June 28, 2013

for Paulette, Emily & Betsy

DISCLAIMER:  FOLLOW STANDARD COLD PROCESS SOAP PROCEDURE (NOT TO BE ATTEMPTED BY NON-SOAPMAKERS).  WHEN MAKING SOAP YOU ARE WORKING WITH SODIUM HYDROXIDE, OR LYE, WHICH IS A CAUSTIC, DANGEROUS CHEMICAL.  WEAR PROTECTIVE SKIN, EYE & RESPIRATORY EQUIPMENT & WORK IN A WELL-VENTILATED AREA.  AUTHOR IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE OR INJURIES.

This is my original recipe.  If it ends up being close to someone else's, that is a happy coincidence.  For the longest time, this was my absolute favorite.  Enjoy!

COBBLESTONE SOAP RECIPE
Takes a while, but worth it:  a wonderfully mild base, with subtle hints of peppermint, tea tree and lavender.  First I make the elements:



Rhassoul Clay, Myrrh & Peppermint Vegan Soap
Rhassoul Clay Tea Tree Vegan Soap
Lavender Vegan Soap

I don't generally wait for the elements to cure for 3 weeks - just a few days.  Then I cut them however I like (I've used small heart shape cookie cutters, or just a knife, or even sometimes used a grater).  I really like the way this soap looks, smells & feels. Once I've got the elements ready, I make the base.

Cobblestone Soap Base

25.7 oz filtered water
9.9 oz lye

1 lb 6.8 oz olive oil
1 lb 7.2 oz organic palm oil
1 lb 4.4 oz organic coconut oil

1 oz sweet almond oil
1 oz castor oil
1 oz raw organic cocoa butter
1 oz shea butter

4 grams grapefruit seed extract
6 grams Vitamin E oil

Note:  After the lye is dissolved into the filtered water, I add the Rhassoul Clay & Myrrh to the lye/water mix, stirring 'til dissolved.

Once I get the oils & butters measured & melted, I add the GSE and Vitamin E oil to that, stirring well.

I stir periodically while I wait for the lye/water mix and the oil/butter mix to get to 100 degrees F.

Mixed into base at trace, generous chunks of:
  • Rhassoul Clay Tea Tree Soap
  • Rhassoul Clay & Myrrh Peppermint Soap
  • Lavender Vegan Soap
I let the soap goo insulate in molds for 2 to 3 days.  Then I  remove, cut & lay out to cure.  After 2 weeks I label.  Should be ready to use 3 weeks from original date of manufacture.  I label each bar, listing all ingredients & date of manufacture, weigh, wrap & then ship or hand deliver.

Paulette likes "logs" to slice off bars as needed for herself and her family.  When I deliver a big block of soap to someone, I still give them a label & wrap their soap.  I also offer to email extra labels for them to print (and edit) as needed.


Matthew 23:23  Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.

Luke 11:42  But woe unto you, Pharisees! for ye tithe mint and rue and all manner of herbs, and pass over judgment and the love of God: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.

Ephesians 5:26  That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word,

James 4:8  Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded.

1 John 1:9  If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

No comments:

Post a Comment