Total Pageviews

Thursday, June 27, 2013

For Raven

Disclaimer:  

Follow standard cold process soap procedure (not to be attempted by non-soapmakers).  When making soap you are working with sodium hydroxide, or lye, which is a caustic, dangerous chemical.  Wear protective skin, eye & respiratory equipment & work in a well-ventilated area.  Author is not responsible for any damage or injuries.


This is my original recipe.  If it ends up being close to someone else's, that is a happy coincidence.

Rhassoul Clay Tea Tree Vegan Soap

25.6 oz filtered water
9.9 oz lye

25.6 oz olive oil
22 oz organic palm oil
20.9 oz organic coconut oil
1 oz castor oil
1 oz raw organic cocoa butter
1 oz shea butter

9 grams grapefruit seed extract
5 grams Vitamin E oil

55 grams Rhassoul Clay
13 grams Tea Tree Essential Oil

Note:  After the lye is dissolved into the filtered water, I add the Rhassoul Clay to the lye/water mix, stirring 'til dissolved.

Once I get the oils & butters measured & melted, I add the GSE and Vitamin E oil to that, stirring well.  

I restir periodically while I wait for the lye/water mix and the oil/butter mix to get to 100 degrees F.  

I add the Pure Tea Tree Essential Oil at trace.


I have split this recipe up and left 1/3 plain unscented, and the other 2/3 Tea Tree because some of us are allergic to Tea Tree oil, but love the Rhassoul Clay vegan soap.  When I split a recipe this way, I make sure the molds are different shapes and very clearly labeled, so I don't get confused.

I let the soap goo insulate in molds for 2 to 3 days.  Then I  remove, cut & lay out to cure.  After 2 weeks I label.  Should be ready to use 3 weeks from original date of manufacture.  I label each bar, listing all ingredients & date of manufacture, weigh, wrap & then ship or hand deliver.

Ecclesiastes 1:9  The thing that hath been, it is that which shall be; and that which is done is that which shall be done: and there is no new thing under the sun.

1 Thessalonians 4:11  And that ye study to be quiet, and to do your own business, and to work with your own hands, as we commanded you;

Matthew 10:8  Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out devils: freely ye have received, freely give.

No comments:

Post a Comment