Total Pageviews

Thursday, June 27, 2013

for Lou

Disclaimer:  

Follow standard cold process soap procedure (not to be attempted by non-soapmakers).  When making soap you are working with sodium hydroxide, or lye, which is a caustic, dangerous chemical.  Wear protective skin, eye & respiratory equipment & work in a well-ventilated area.  Author is not responsible for any damage or injuries.


This is my original recipe.  If it ends up being close to someone else's, that is a happy coincidence.

Lou's Vegan Lavender Soap

25.7 oz Lou's well water
9.9 oz lye

1 lb 7.8 oz olive oil
1 lb 7.8 oz organic palm oil
1 lb 4.6 oz organic coconut oil

1 oz sweet almond oil (?)
1 oz raw organic cocoa butter
1.2 oz shea butter

4 grams grapefruit seed extract
6 grams Vitamin E oil

1.7 oz lavender essential oil

Once I get the oils & butters measured & melted, I add the GSE and Vitamin E oil to that, stirring well.  

I stir periodically while I wait for the lye/water mix and the oil/butter mix to get to 100 degrees F.  

I add the Pure Lavender Essential Oil at trace.

I have used this recipe as is, and other times included 1 ounce finely ground dried lavender buds.  Some folks like scratchy texture, some like creamy smooth.  Lou likes creamy smooth.  Yes, you can use filtered water in place of Lou's well water.  

I let the soap goo insulate in molds for 2 to 3 days.  Then I  remove, cut & lay out to cure.  After 2 weeks I label.  Should be ready to use 3 weeks from original date of manufacture.  I label each bar, listing all ingredients & date of manufacture, weigh, wrap & then ship or hand deliver.  Lou likes nice big chunks, to slice off bars as needed for herself and her family.  When I deliver a big block of soap to someone, I still give them a label & wrap their soap.  I also offer to email extra labels for them to print (and edit) as needed.

1 Corinthians 2:12  Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.


No comments:

Post a Comment