Total Pageviews

Friday, June 28, 2013

for Lisa and Jill

DISCLAIMER:  FOLLOW STANDARD COLD PROCESS SOAP PROCEDURE (NOT TO BE ATTEMPTED BY NON-SOAPMAKERS).  WHEN MAKING SOAP YOU ARE WORKING WITH SODIUM HYDROXIDE, OR LYE, WHICH IS A CAUSTIC, DANGEROUS CHEMICAL.  WEAR PROTECTIVE SKIN, EYE & RESPIRATORY EQUIPMENT & WORK IN A WELL-VENTILATED AREA.  AUTHOR IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE OR INJURIES.

This is my original recipe.  If it ends up being close to someone else's, that is a happy coincidence.  

Vegan Extra Conditioning Soap

539 grams filtered water
197 grams lye

398 grams organic palm oil
458 grams organic coconut oil

11 oz castor oil
3.9 oz jojoba oil
2 oz sweet almond oil
2.9 oz raw organic cocoa butter
2.2 oz shea butter

5 grams grapefruit seed extract
5 grams Vitamin E oil

Once I get the oils & butters measured & melted, I add the GSE & Vitamin E oil to that, stirring well.

I stir periodically while I wait for the lye/water mix and the oil/butter mix to get to 100 degrees F.

I add the Pure Essential Oils at trace.
 

I split this recipe as follows:

for Lisa S.
2/3 of base
21 grams Pure Lavender Essential Oil



for Jill 
1/3 of base
4 ml (or 1 dram) Pure Citronella Essential Oil







I let the soap goo insulate in molds for 2 to 3 days.  Then I  remove, cut & lay out to cure.  After 2 weeks I label.  Should be ready to use 3 weeks from original date of manufacture.  I label each bar, listing all ingredients & date of manufacture, weigh, wrap & then ship or hand deliver.

Psalms 19:12  Who can understand his errors? cleanse thou me from secret faults.
Psalms 51:2  Wash me throughly from mine iniquity, and cleanse me from my sin.
Psalms 119:9  (BETH) Wherewithal shall a young man cleanse his way? by taking heed thereto according to thy word.
Ephesians 6:7  With good will doing service, as to the Lord, and not to men:

No comments:

Post a Comment