Total Pageviews

Friday, June 28, 2013

for Bryant and Sandra - a universally popular vegan soap recipe

DISCLAIMER:  FOLLOW STANDARD COLD PROCESS SOAP PROCEDURE (NOT TO BE ATTEMPTED BY NON-SOAPMAKERS).  WHEN MAKING SOAP YOU ARE WORKING WITH SODIUM HYDROXIDE, OR LYE, WHICH IS A CAUSTIC, DANGEROUS CHEMICAL.  WEAR PROTECTIVE SKIN, EYE & RESPIRATORY EQUIPMENT & WORK IN A WELL-VENTILATED AREA.  AUTHOR IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE OR INJURIES.


This is my original recipe.  If it ends up being close to someone else's, that is a happy coincidence.


Orange Cedarwood w/Moroccan Clay Vegan Soap

25.7 oz filtered water
9.8 oz lye

24 oz olive oil
23.8 oz organic palm oil
19.3 oz organic coconut oil

1.4 oz castor oil
1 oz raw organic cocoa butter
.6 oz shea butter
15 grams grapefruit seed extract

1 ounce Moroccan Clay **(see note below)**

Pure Essential Oils:
1.7 oz Orange Essential Oil
.3 oz Tangerine Essential Oil 
1 oz Cedarwood Essential Oil

**Note:  I've made this soap two different ways.  My preferred method is, after the lye is dissolved into the filtered water, I add the Moroccan Clay to the lye/water mix, stirring 'til dissolved.  This makes a uniform, consistently colored soap.

 







Another option is to add the clay after trace, to a portion of the base, then swirl this in.** 

Once I get the oils & butters measured & melted, I add the GSE to that, stirring well.
I stir periodically while I wait for the lye/water mix and the oil/butter mix to get to 100 degrees F.

I add the Pure Essential Oils at trace.


I let the soap goo insulate in molds for 2 to 3 days.  Then I  remove, cut & lay out to cure.  After 2 weeks I label.  Should be ready to use 3 weeks from original date of manufacture.  I label each bar, listing all ingredients & date of manufacture, weigh, wrap & then ship or hand deliver.

Matthew 23:26  Thou blind Pharisee, cleanse first that which is within the cup and platter, that the outside of them may be clean also.

2 Corinthians 7:1  Having therefore these promises, dearly beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God.

1 Kings 6:18  And the cedar of the house within was carved with knops and open flowers: all was cedar; there was no stone seen.


Isaiah 41:19  I will plant in the wilderness the cedar, the shittah tree, and the myrtle, and the oil tree; I will set in the desert the fir tree, and the pine, and the box tree together:


Psalms 92:12  The righteous shall flourish like the palm tree: he shall grow like a cedar in Lebanon.


Job 33:6  Behold, I am according to thy wish in God’s stead: I also am formed out of the clay.


Psalms 40:2  He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the miry clay, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings.


Isaiah 29:16  Surely your turning of things upside down shall be esteemed as the potter’s clay: for shall the work say of him that made it, He made me not? or shall the thing framed say of him that framed it, He had no understanding?


Isaiah 45:9  Woe unto him that striveth with his Maker! Let the potsherd strive with the potsherds of the earth. Shall the clay say to him that fashioneth it, What makest thou? or thy work, He hath no hands?

Isaiah 64:8  But now, O LORD, thou art our father; we are the clay, and thou our potter; and we all are the work of thy hand.

Jeremiah 18:4  And the vessel that he made of clay was marred in the hand of the potter: so he made it again another vessel, as seemed good to the potter to make it.

No comments:

Post a Comment