Total Pageviews

Monday, March 11, 2019

Hey, Hey, Hey! Godspeed dear Amy



Winter 1995  Stuarts Draft, VA 

Back Row:  Bryant, Tonia, Amy

Front Row:  Teresa


3-11-2019 I just found out this morning about Amy. I can’t believe it took me this long to realize I had not heard from Amy in a while, knowing she had been battling non hodgkins lymphoma. To say my bad just doesn’t cut it.



Amy was a significant influence in my life and I am grateful for her friendship through the years. Thank you, Amy’s parents & sister, for raising such a strong and giving soul. Amy was brave, feisty, smart, adventurous, caring, and an amazing cook. Amy showed up.







If a picture says a thousand words, Amy’s pictures through the years spoke her love. Amy traveled - sometimes with folks and sometimes solo. Somewhere in our storage there are dozens of postcards from Amy from the time she went across the United States & back in her Saturn. Solo.


Amy's Salsa Recipe found on 76th page of 1993 Vaughn Family Reunion Family Cookbook





About twenty years or so ago, Amy shared her salsa recipe with me. I sent “Amy’s Salsa” recipe in for my husband’s 1993 family reunion cookbook. I remember one time Amy was visiting us I showed it to her, and she was glad to see it in there. If you’re a salsa fan, try Amy’s recipe (with fresh ingredients, preferably homegrown, like Amy did).

There’s an Amy-shaped empty spot in our lives now. Knowing Amy has gone to be with the Lord gives comfort. And I imagine time will ease the sorrow. I’m sending thoughts & prayers to Amy’s sister & nephews & parents. I am so very sorry for your loss.

No comments:

Post a Comment